I am currently working on my first book, which is an autobiographical account of my marriage. Please contact me if you would like more information.
Here are 30 more things you might like to know about me. In no particular order:
1. I am the mother of breathtakingly wonderful 4-year-old twins.
2. I have a Primary Immune Deficiency.
3. I’m happiest when I’m singing.
4. I love eating avocados.
5. My son has autism.
6. I have lost count of how many times I’ve read the Harry Potter books.
7. I am proud to be Jewish.
8. I am kind and funny and clever.
9. I’m very, very scared of spiders.
10. I have an amazing extended family whom I adore.
11. I hate being told I’m wrong when I know I’m right.
12. Enough people have told me I’m inspirational that I might just be starting to believe it.
13. I enjoy being arty and crafty and just, well, making stuff.
14. I’m terrible at making small-talk.
15. I want to be thinner. Much, much thinner.
16. I LOVE musicals, especially Wicked.
17. I’m excellent at writing complaining letters.
18. I hate mushrooms.
19. I taught Sex Education for 7 years.
20. If you have ever started a sentence with “I’m not racist but …” then I don’t want to know you.
21. I wish I was rich.
22. I’m planning to marry Sawyer from Lost one day.
23. I attribute most of this country’s problems to the Daily Mail.
24. Pink sparkly things make me happy.
25. I don’t know how I’d get through life without my friends.
26. I’m a survivor of a crappy abusive marriage …
27. … Yet I still believe in love.
28. If I could have any job in the world I’d make my living from writing.
29. According to a Mensa test my IQ is in the top 1%. Ooooh get me.
30. Call me strange but I like being under a thick duvet to keep warm but with the window open to keep me cool.