I am currently working on my first book, which is an autobiographical account of my marriage. Please contact me if you would like more information.
Here are 30 more things you might like to know about me. In no particular order:
1. I am the mother of breathtakingly wonderful 4-year-old twins.
2. I have a Primary Immune Deficiency.
3. I’m happiest when I’m singing.
4. I love eating avocados.
5. My son has autism.
6. I have lost count of how many times I’ve read the Harry Potter books.
7. I am proud to be Jewish.
8. I am kind and funny and clever.
9. I’m very, very scared of spiders.
10. I have an amazing extended family whom I adore.
11. I hate being told I’m wrong when I know I’m right.
12. Enough people have told me I’m inspirational that I might just be starting to believe it.
13. I enjoy being arty and crafty and just, well, making stuff.
14. I’m terrible at making small-talk.
15. I want to be thinner. Much, much thinner.
16. I LOVE musicals, especially Wicked.
17. I’m excellent at writing complaining letters.
18. I hate mushrooms.
19. I taught Sex Education for 7 years.
20. If you have ever started a sentence with “I’m not racist but …” then I don’t want to know you.
21. I wish I was rich.
22. I’m planning to marry Sawyer from Lost one day.
23. I attribute most of this country’s problems to the Daily Mail.
24. Pink sparkly things make me happy.
25. I don’t know how I’d get through life without my friends.
26. I’m a survivor of a crappy abusive marriage …
27. … Yet I still believe in love.
28. If I could have any job in the world I’d make my living from writing.
29. According to a Mensa test my IQ is in the top 1%. Ooooh get me.
30. Call me strange but I like being under a thick duvet to keep warm but with the window open to keep me cool.
14 thoughts on “About Me”
Mazeltov on your new blog! I think it’s fab! I’ve never subscribed to a blog before but have just subscribed to yours and will look forward to reading it! Love Rach Berg x
Wow thanks Rachel! It’s exciting to have a couple of people following me already – gives me a reason to keep on writing! And just think … when I’m an internationally famous blogger with 3 million followers, your claim to fame can be that you were one of the first 🙂
I’ve never subscribed to a blog before either, but you write so well and what you say is very interesting. Keep on as I’m looking forward to reading the next one x
Thanks Mandy, I really appreciate the encouragement. It’s odd to be writing and not knowing if anyone’s reading it, but now I’ve got a few subscribers I’ve got a responsibility to carry on!! xx
Great blog hun, I myself have never read or commented on blogs-but your page is amazing- as are you as a mother and you will certainly be an inspiration to many people out there!
Well done you!
Ps the twins are abslolutely beautiful! X
That’s such a nice thing to say Emma, thank you! And yes, if it’s OK I think I’ll agree with you about the twins 🙂
You are an amazing person and an brilliant writer.
A funny and clever blog and it’s all about a Mum!
If only I had a quarter of your strength.
PS. Love the Ken blog.
What a lovely comment, thank you! It’s friends like you who give me that strength – could never find it all by myself xx
Do you have a contact address I can message you on, I have a possible buisness link for you you may be interested in.
Hi – sounds interesting. Shall I email you at the address you’ve given on this message? X
Ah! Another PID twin mother….I feel less alone now! 🙂
I don’t think I ever realized before how much we have in common. I’m proud to call you my friend, even through the distance.
Right back atcha honey. Feel privileged to know you xx